for it is in the minds of men and women that the defences of peace and the conditions for sustainable development must be built. ~UNESCO

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Where did my car go?


It was a sunny day, I was driving and the heat made me lazy. I made a stop near a lhakhang (monastery) to offer my prayers. I parked my car and went into the lhakhang, did my bit of praying and left. To my surprise, I was not able to find my car. It was not there where I parked it. I looked around with many thoughts.
There it was, parked on the footpath, some 50 meters away from its initial point. I went towards it and wondered how it reached there. A policeman was waiting for me. He asked me the reason for parking my car in an unusual way. He asked for my driving documents which I didn’t have. I explained to him how the car moved on its own. After much plea, he warned me to be careful in future.
I wondered how my car parked itself on the footpath. After some scratches on my head I figured out that I forgot to pull the hand brake and left the car in ‘Neutral’ gear. This incident happened at the Memorial Chorten parking in Thimphu. I was lucky that my car found the footpath instead of the steep downhill road. This was a lesson for life. Be careful folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment